Throw on a high visibility vest and safety glasses and come and experience a tour of Australia’s largest gold producing mine, the Super Pit. You will be visitor inducted to the KCGM Super Pit and view the mining and milling operations through the Fimiston Milling Plant from the safety of the Mine-Spec Bus (Air-conditioned).
Be amazed by the size of the 793 dump trucks as we travel along the haul roads on site with the trucks. The view of the Super Pit from Harvey Hut will take your breath away as you see the old miner’s workings with old shafts and view the modern mining machinery working in the pit.
Our tour guide will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have while on the tour, you can also feel free to bring along your camera for some fantastic photos!
- Be KCGM Visitor Inducted
- Get up close to the HUGE dump trucks
- Full commentary
- See the Gold Milling Process
- View the Super Pit from the Internal Viewing Platforms
- Panoramic views with fantastic photo opportunities
Things to bring along
- Reading Glasses
- Wear mandatory clothing and footwear
Tour usually departs Monday to Saturday and some Sundays/Public holidays except during Mill Shutdowns. (Subject to availability).
You must be checked in at 250 Hannan Street, Kalgoorlie at least 15 minutes prior to tour departure.
Please note as you will be going to an operating mine site you have to abide by these requirements.
All tour participants must be wearing the MANDATORY clothing – Sturdy fully enclosed shoes with socks, which must completely cover the foot, enclosing the whole top of the foot (NO high heels), long sleeves to the wrist and long pants to the ankles. The only acceptable skin that can be exposed is that of the head and hands. Disposable coveralls are available to purchase if required. All participants MUST have a 0.00% zero alcohol breath reading. Failure to meet the above requirements will result in non-participation and zero refund.
*Disposable coveralls available for sale which are suitable for Adults and Children aged 10 years and over ($5.00 each)
Tour departures are subject to minimum tour passenger numbers and weather conditions. Please refer to the tour booking terms and conditions for further information.
Children under 4 years of age are not permitted on tour due to safety regulations.
We strongly recommend booking in advance to avoid disappointment as tickets will sell out very quickly prior to departure.
- 4 – 16 Years
- 2 Adults + 2 Children
How to Book:
- Online – To check availability and departure times click “book now” button below to make a secure booking online by credit card. Bookings can be made via our website up to 2 months in advance . Note: Tour departures shown with orange background have less than 10 seats available.
- By Phone – Please call our booking office on 1800 620 441
- In Person – Visit our booking office at 250 Hannan Street, Kalgoorlie